Friday, October 22, 2010

The Blog Post Is Sad

I've never really understood why some people write emo poetry and cut themselves when they're depressed. I mean, doesn't that just make you feel a lot worse? I don't know, but logic seems to dictate that it would. Then again, even rational people will still act like pricks for awhile when they're in crappy moods. Why do we do that? It seems completely unreasonable, but I do it too.

I mean, it almost seems like we want to feel unhappy. Like we punish ourselves if we're not in a bad mood all day. Lord knows I do that. Have you ever woken up, feeling pretty much fine, and then you remember that you're supposed to be feeling like crap because yesterday totally sucked? Couldn't you just keep that mood? It's even worse when what happened will have no effect on the rest of your day, but you still have feel bad about it, because it just seems wrong not to.

Of course, one of the most depressing things in the world is being surrounded by happy people while you're depressed. Doesn't that always seem to be the way? Like, something would always go wrong for you on like, School Carnival Day. Didn't that always just suck? That happens to me a lot. I think it's the PCG trying to stop me from crying like a little bitch.

OR MAYBE IT'S BECAUSE PEOPLE ARE CRAZY

1 comment:

  1. When I'm depressed, I tend to write poetry or songs, or essays, or whatever. It's my way of working through it. Think of it like this: by moving my thoughts onto paper, I'm almost removing myself from the situation. It's no longer about me, Josh Tenzer. It's about a character who I can relate to.

    That's just my two cents...

    ReplyDelete