Friday, October 8, 2010

The Universe Is Broken Part 2

How exactly would you go about building an airplane? I mean, I kind of understand how the Wright Brothers got started. Theirs was a relatively simple machine. But how exactly do you go from that to say, a 747 or a fighter jet? Yes, I realize there wasn't a linear progression between the two, but if somebody told you to build an airplane, where would you start?

Would you know what to do? I wouldn't. I'd slap some bricks together and tell them it was an abstract plane. That you had to see the plane inside yourself or something like that. Artists love that crap. And once again, what about computers? Would you be able to build a computer? And yes, I know some people build computers for themselves, but not from the ground-up. They get parts. Could you put together a circuit board? I couldn't.

Hell, would you even know how to make a light-bulb? That seems pretty complicated. I'm convinced that light-bulbs are magic. Technology is just magic, okay? Do you understand all of technology? No? It's magic.

Man, I should probably get another bear picture.

9 comments:

  1. sorry about the universe that was my b

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll make you a plane. HERE. http://standards.iso.org/ittf/PubliclyAvailableStandards/C030811e_FILES/MAIN_C030811e/text/ISOIEC_18026E_ANNEX_A/image044.jpg

    HURRHURRHURRHURR
    HYUKHYUKHYUK

    Computers and televisions have always mystified me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A plane is made off the basis of bernoulli's principle, forcing air to travel a greater distance above the wing than below by creating a curve. After take off, it is actually the angle at which the wings attacks the air that produces lift. Just make curved wings and put it on a light chassis. Nerdiness ftw.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Could you build an engine though?

    ReplyDelete
  5. See it is my drive in life to understand all these things. It is not enough for me to just say 'it works'. I want to know why. If i get abducted by aliens then I want to be able to build something for them to show them that humans arent just 'magic'.

    ReplyDelete
  6. If the aliens have abducted you, why would they need our technology? We don't have tractor beams...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Miracles everywhere up in this bitch.

    ReplyDelete
  8. my dad can build circuit boards. he's pretty cool.

    ReplyDelete