Thursday, October 7, 2010

Proud To Have Done Nothing

What is the deal with "Spirit Week" at school*? Why should I be proud of going to my school? I don't even go to a private school! I didn't pay a lot of money to go there. What did I do to be proud of? School spirit for what?

It's the same thing with nationalism. Why should I be proud to live in America? I mean yes, there's the whole "We have better lives than people starving in Africa" thing, but why should I be proud about that? I didn't do anything, I was just born here. And doesn't that kind of sound like gloating? "Ha ha! We were born in America! Guess who gets to eat Squeez Cheez all day bitches?"

And if that's all the "Pledge of Allegiance" is, shouldn't Canada have one that says something like "BAM! Free Healthcare and donuts! What now America?" Come to think of it, doesn't "Pledge of Allegiance" totally sound like something you're forced to say while bowing down to your glorious totalitarian dictator? Does North Korea have a pledge of allegiance. If they do, I bet it involves drinking the blood of their enemies and some more ass kissing for Kim-Jong Il. I hate that guy.

Pretty evil stuff when you think about it. "Gotta keep those civilians in line. Make sure they don't forget that they are married to America for life." Screw that.

*Why yes, it is Spirit Week at my school. Why do you ask?

No comments:

Post a Comment