Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Remember When I Made That Blog Post?

People say weird stuff. And most of the time, they don't even stop and realize how weird what they just said was. This is something I observe constantly, and is also one of the primary reasons why I'm not allowed at the convention hall anymore.

Of all the bizarre speech patterns that people have, there's always been one that completely and utterly confuses me. When people say things like, "Hey, remember yesterday when we were at your house?"

No. No I don't remember that. While I was walking home today a flying saucer descended from the sky, abducted me, and wiped my memory completely. I have no recollection of anything that has happened in the past few days. Except for the abduction, apparently. I remember that somehow.

It's like your friends think you have the short-term memory of an amnesiac goldfish. It's even worse when they say things like, "Hey, do you remember when we went to Europe?" I just say: "Nope! I completely forgot about that month-long trip that we spent nearly a year planning. No memories whatsoever!"

English is strange.

No comments:

Post a Comment