Thursday, September 16, 2010

Ask a Stupid Question. . .

What the hell is the deal with pumpkins? I mean, yes, that is an incredibly dumb question, but they certainly are very strange, aren't they. They're enormous, nearly hollow. and have weird stringy crap on the inside. Yes, you can occasionally make some good food out of that gooey crap, but you can't really just eat a pumpkin. Well, I guess you could, but if you did, you'd probably look back on that decision years later as the point where your life started going downhill. Or possibly a few hours later, when they're pumping your stomach.

I suppose it sort of makes sense, since obviously the plant that doesn't get eaten would survive longer, as long as it has other ways of spreading its seeds. And I'm pretty sure other animals besides humans eat pumpkin, so I guess that explains that issue, but what exactly is their purpose? I'm reasonably certain that there are no species who sustain themselves entirely on pumpkin. And if I'm wrong, bite me.

I mean like, I'm sure there has to be a reason. Like, maybe they're actually aliens that really, really suck at invading planets. Considering how often they get their faces shredded up, they must reproduce like crazy. Actually, if they are sentient, can you imagine how horrific that must be. Having a new face carved in your face with a knife? That's like something out of Saw.

ADD MOMENT

2 comments:

  1. "but what exactly is there purpose."

    Typo check. Go ahead and delete this comment when you're done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nah, I keep all the corrections. Reminds me that SOMEONE is paying attention. I just like them to be there.

    ReplyDelete