Thursday, September 2, 2010

The Question Marks Make The Blog Post Fancy

Am I the only one who really hates garnish? Not because I think it makes food taste bad or anything, but because it serves no practical purpose. "What exactly are these leaves doing on my spaghetti?" "Oh they're for decoration. It makes the food more presentable." "By making it look like a bush?"

And what's up with that crap at those insanely high-end restaurants where you have to pay eighty dollars for like, an ounce of food? I mean, I realize that making jokes about this is pretty trite, but it just really bugs me. I've never been to one of these places myself, because I don't posses the necessary income to waste money that could be better spent on something useful, like video games, but even the thought of it kind of pisses me off. I'm torn between thinking that the chefs are delusional or if they know they're swindling us and think it's hilarious. Or both.

At what point did we decide that basic bodily needs had to look fancy? It's like it's not even food anymore. Sometimes I think people seem to forget that you have to eat to, you know, survive. I think we should just make all food featureless gray blocks. Just for awhile. It would be fun! Like those stupid taste tests "experiments" from third grade, except all the time!

Can't imagine why chefs don't listen to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment