Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Milking The People Part 2

If our teeth completely rot and fall out if we don't brush them every day, how exactly have we survived this long?* Again, this makes me wonder if human beings just totally suck, or if we just didn't live long enough back then for it to matter. I mean sure, dogs get pretty crappy teeth later in life, but that's when they're pretty close to death, and they only live for about twenty years, tops. And I know that our teeth don't rot away THAT fast, but they do get pretty messed up rather quickly.**

I don't actually know if all animals have this problem. If they do, why does this part of the body suck so much? Yes, your body deteriorates as you age, but usually things don't start rotting away until you die. Teeth go through a lot, obviously, but then how did they end up like this? That doesn't seem evolutionarily sound to me.***

This sort of thing just makes me realize how little I know about my own body, which is slightly worrying. Shouldn't I know how I work? Perhaps not, but that's a little scary. I pretty much don't know anything about how anything works. Actually, that would probably make a pretty good tagline.

*You may have noticed that the title of this post doesn't actually relate to the content of it. This is mostly because it's actually pretty similar to the original "Milking The People", but unfortunately, "Milking The People" was apparently written on "National Terrible Blog Post Title Day".
**This is supposedly why George Washington had fake teeth, although I may have made this up.
***Guess who knows pretty much nothing about how evolution actually works? This guy!

No comments:

Post a Comment