Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Very Obvious Observation

Why do we tolerate cats? Do they DO anything for us? Not really. I mean, mostly they just sleep and eat food. I mean, that's the only thing most pets do, but most pets also do not periodically attack you. So we basically keep cats in our house so that they can take up space on our beds and bite us. This does not make any sense to me whatsoever, and yet I have two of them. And they're awesome.

I think it's because cats represent everything that we wish we could have in life. They have no responsibilities, they can sleep for twenty hours straight, and they can impose their will on other people just because they're cute. The only type of people that can accomplish any of the things on this list are children and prostitutes.* And neither of them are particularly pleasant. I mean, one smells and tries to cheat you out of your money, and the other is a joke that's way too easy.**

There's also the fact that they just seem to have absolutely no reason for doing anything they do. They have like a whole bunch of weird crap left over in their heads from evolution. So now they get to chase corks around the floor and sleep in cardboard boxes. I'm sure we could waste stupid amounts of money on figuring out why. Or we could do something beneficial to humanity, but that would be a lot less funny.

*Children prostitutes? No. Get off of my website you sick bastard.
**If you didn't get this, it's okay. I worded it pretty poorly.

No comments:

Post a Comment