Friday, December 31, 2010

New Decade Sound

So the start of the new decade was pretty disappointing, wasn't it? Not to say it was a particularly crappy year, it was about as crappy as all the others, but it was pretty boring, relatively speaking. I'm not talking about politics and all that other stuff that actually matters but I really don't care about. I'm talking about music.

Alright, so we can all agree that the past decade pretty much sucked music-wise, right? Unless you're a big rap fan, but if you are, you probably don't know how to read, so that's okay. But it seems like every decade gets it's own new rock variation, and most of them kicked ass. The 60s gave us classic rock, the 70s brought psychedelic and prog, the 80s had several different kinds of metal, and the 90s gave birth to grunge. But the 00s? Mostly, we got some idiots talking about killing prostitutes over a five note bassline. How exciting.

So I'm hoping that this decade, we get something good. Some band has just got to break out with something really awesome and original, or I am going to shrivel up and die. Either that, or I want They Might Be Giants to make a mainstream comeback. A man can dream.

1 comment:

  1. HOLY SHIT HOLY SHIT NEW DECADE MUSIC
    This is the most exciting day of my life.

    ReplyDelete