Thursday, December 30, 2010

Worst Mammalian Trait Ever

So I'm still trying to puzzle out what the deal is with boobs.* I understand the whole "feed babies with 'em" thing, but I just do not understand pretty much anything else about them. Not the actual anatomy of them, but the complete and utter obsession with them in our society. As part of the 0.1% of the straight male population who isn't particularly attracted to women with large breasts, I just end up confused most of the time. You'd think big boobs would just get in the way or something. Seems sort of uncomfortable.

The real issue, however, is that I can't for the life of me figure out why the hell it's so taboo to see them. I mean, we all know that boobs are not sex organs, right? If you didn't know that, then you should probably not have skipped seventh grade health class. But seriously, what's with the aversion? It's already a bit odd that we're supposed to be terrified of seeing genitalia, but boobs aren't even that! They're just there to make milk. So what exactly is the deal? I'm not sure.**

Also, plastic surgery. Can we all agree that this is just incredibly unconvincing. It's like a little kid putting on twenty pairs of socks in order to look taller. It just makes everyone laugh and feel slightly uncomfortable. And I don't think boobs made out of plastic would be very....well actually a lot of things. They just sound painful for all involved.***

*Oh yeah, you can tell from the FIRST SENTENCE that this is going to be a fun one.
**Without the establishment of "Not into big boobs" in the previous paragraph, this would seem like the perviest proposal EVER.
***I once saw a women whose boobs were at least two inches apart. I wish I were making this up.

2 comments: