Friday, February 4, 2011

Or A Super Bowl Pun

I don't care about the Super Bowl.* I have never cared about the Super Bowl. For several years, I pretended that I cared about the Super Bowl, but I really, really don't. I have never been able to get obsessive about that type of the thing, and to be perfectly honest, I'm not entirely sure why other people do. I have no real reason to cheer for any team, or to put any sort of emotional effort into it. I've met people who go into deep depressions if their favorite sports teams lose, and frankly, I'm worried for them. I don't understand how you could possibly care about a group of people that you've never met winning a ball game. That simply does not work in my brain.

A lot of people say that it has to do with supporting your city's team. Well, there's several things wrong with that. First of all, why are you so proud of your city? You just live there. Hell, some people are huge fans of teams from cities they weren't born in and don't live in. They just like it because their parents did, which is completely ludicrous to me. More importantly, most of the people on the team aren't actually from your city. That's how the draft works. So the actual players? You know, the people who are actually playing the game? They don't give a damn about your city, they just want to make some money. Good for them.

And I don't think I need to get into the incredibly large amounts of bull involved with college football. But just for the record, letting someone into a prestigious university just because they can play sports really well? That is just completely retarded. Colleges are supposed to be institutions for, you know, learning. And then we have these 200 pound morons coming in just so the school can make some money. Sort of makes me want to vomit blood.

*According to my hit statistics, there are like twelve non-Americans who frequent this site. I imagine they care even less.

No comments:

Post a Comment