Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Win This Free Shotgun

I always wondered what kind of person it takes to write a computer virus. I mean, if you have the programming skill to pull something like that off, I think you could probably be doing something more productive with your time other than completely ruining someone's day. It's a pretty damn lucrative business, isn't it? There's no reason to go off and fry people's computers. Go get an engineering degree and stop being such a prick.

I also wonder about spam emails. Not the ones that are just obnoxious advertising, though the writers of THOSE also deserve their very own special place in hell. I'm talking about the ones that are just complete gibberish. The ones where it'll be like, a random string of letters and numbers, and then like, two product names. That really baffles me. I've even seen some where there aren't even any links to any stupid websites to fill your screen with pop-up ads about penis enlargement and boobs.* I'm not entirely sure what they're trying to accomplish, although I like to imagine that it's just a really, really poorly executed attempt at subliminal messaging.**

I do sort of like how banner ads are basically only designed to be accidentally clicked on, because no sensible person should ever actually see one and go "Bench press the cow? Win a PS3!? OH HELL YEAH I AM ALL OVER THAT MESS!" Well, nobody who should ever be allowed near a computer anyway.***

*Or both, if you're really lucky. Pop-up hunting could practically be a sport. In other news, this is why I have AdBlocker installed.
**"Yeah, that'll make 'em buy Nikes! Annoying emails! Just what everyone wants!"
***I know this, because I was one of those people, but I was six at the time. I'm not sure why my parents let me use the computer either, so don't ask.

No comments:

Post a Comment