Monday, February 14, 2011

Stupid Bloody Monday

I despise Valentine's Day.* Putting aside for a moment that it appears to be a holiday specifically designed to make single people feel like absolute crap all day,** it just doesn't make any make sense to me. I mean, there's plenty of days to express to your significant whatever that you love them. Their birthday, your anniversary, frakkin' Christmas, or, you know, every day? How about that? Why do we need to set aside a special day just for romantic love? Shouldn't that be like, something you do every day? Isn't that whole point of relationships and all that stupid crazy nonsense? Okay, so most people in relationships aren't actually in love, especially those that claim to be, but that just makes it even more irritating. It's a waste of a holiday.***

This is of course completely forgetting how incredibly disturbing the origins of the holiday are. We are celebrating a Saint getting decapitated. I mean, you could claim that we're "honoring his death" or some stupid crap like that, but the fact is, he just doesn't seem like the kind of guy who would appreciate that very much, especially considering all the amounts of pointless commercial bull we've lumped in with this stupid waste of calendar space. Screw that.

And you know what else? It creeps the hell out of me to see an internal organ plastered all over the walls. You know what? That's freakin' nasty. No one wants to see what your giant blood muscle looks like. Put it back inside your chest and get out of my house.

*All of last week, I was going "Oh man, I am going to write SUCH a misanthropic blog post on Monday." This is going to be satisfying.
**CAN'T THINK OF WHY I'M SINGLE GUYS. JUST LOOK AT THAT CHARM.
***Personally, I'd like to replace it with something far more awesome. Like, I dunno, "Flying Motorcycle Fight Day". I think that would make for a much more interesting time. And a much more interesting hospital ward.

No comments:

Post a Comment