Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Bringing it Back

So we're probably eventually going to be able to clone dinosaurs pretty soon here, right? I've heard from a reliable source* that this is true, so I'm assuming we're going to happen pretty soon here. So I'm just wondering who exactly thought this was a good idea. Okay yes, I get it. Dinosaurs kick all kinds of ass. But there is no way this is going to end well.

And I'm not even talking about how it's all gonna end up like Jurassic Park and that we're all going to die. The only reason anyone died in that movie was due to terrible understaffing and lack of proper safety measures. I'm just wondering how we're planning on getting away with this. I mean, we've already got a crapload of endangered species, right? So, what the hell, right?

I'm not even crazy about animal rights and wildlife preservation and all that. I'm not AGAINST them, I'm just not super focused on it. But like, isn't this going to totally screw up the ecosystem and crap if they put them in the wild? And if they keep them in the zoo, well that's a pretty cruel thing to do then, isn't it? Clone them back them into existence just to stick them in zoos.

Oh wait, science and ethics are no longer on speaking terms. Nevermind.

*Cracked.com is a reliable source, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment