Friday, November 12, 2010

Massive Pricks

I don't understand bees. I mean, I can't what they're doing with pollen, that makes sense.* And sure, the whole thing they do with honey is pretty sweet.** Hell, I can even get behind the whole "hundreds of members of my male harem" thing that the queen bees got going on. Hive mind is actually sort of badass, if creepy. What I don't understand is the stingers. Why do they feel the need to do this?

See, with most animals that can create some sort of poison, it's for self-defense. They use it to protect themselves from dumbasses trying to smash them with bricks. But with bees, this doesn't make any sense, because once they sting you, they die anyway. So what do they gain from it?

And they usually do it for almost no reason at all. Do they just have personal space issues, and don't even want anyone near them. They would rather die than be touched, like the opposite of a desperate high-schooler. I just can't figure them out.

I'm beginning to think that bees are just incredibly vengeful little bastards. They sting you just to spite you, because they want you to be in mild discomfort for a week after you dared to interrupt their job which they gain absolutely nothing from before dying a lonely death without ever knowing the touch of a male bee.***

*Honestly, pollination is one of the best arguments for the existence of some sort of higher power. The fact that the bees just happen to do this on accident just seems a little too perfect and worked out.
**No pun intended, I swear.
***I've changed my mind. Hive minds are retarded.

No comments:

Post a Comment