Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Comic Books Are Surprisingly Unrealistic Part 2

When I eventually acquire superpowers,* I don't think I'm going to use them to fight crime. In fact, I always thought it was sort of weird how people in comicbooks in movies always DO choose to either fight crime or take over the world.** I see no reason to do either of those things. Okay, so that's not entirely true. I get why there are some weirdos who would want to fight crime, but I don't get supervillains. Most of them want money and power, right?*** Well my foremost thought whenever the acquirement of superpowers is brought up is "I would totally use that to get rich."

But no, not by stealing money. Can you IMAGINE the kind of money Cirque Du Soleil would pay you? Hell, can you imagine how much you'd make just by charging people to see what you do? Enter the friggin' Olympics! Start a friggin' business! There's so many legal opportunities to make absurd amounts of money! Take advantage of that ya goddamn weirdos.

That isn't to say I wouldn't use my powers to show off or do crazy stuff. I'd just be rich in addition to it.

*I ingest three liters of irradiated sewage every day. It's bound to happen eventually.
**Blah blah blah there wouldn't be a story if they didn't blah blah blah shut up I'm making a point.
***This is obviously disregarding guys like Magneto, who's just kind of a dick for the sake of being a dick.

No comments:

Post a Comment