Monday, May 16, 2011

Write It Down Again, I Forgot

Okay, so this one's really, really specific, and I'm probably not going to get a lot of agreement on this, but it's been bugging the hell out of me lately and I feel like venting about it, so here we go.

I've been noticing recently that apparently, either schools do not keep anything on file, or they're just astonishingly lazy. What's my reasoning for this? The fact that they make us fill out the same damn information at least fifty times a year.

"Oh, you wanna go on a field trip?"
"Well yeah, that's kind of why I'm here, with a permission slip..."
"Better right down your address!"
"Shouldn't you already have my address? I'm pretty sure I couldn't have gotten in here without giving you my address..."
"WRITE DOWN YOUR GODDAMN ADDRESS OR I'M SENDING YOUR ASS HOME."
"Okay, I'll write down my freakin' address."

And this continues on with your phone number, your email, your health insurance...It's not like it's a MASSIVE pain in the ass, but it does make me wonder how we even got into this situation. Are they just trying to make sure that I'm not, I dunno, turning in a permission slip for someone else? Because I can only think of maybe...five situations where that would be advantageous, and only two of them don't involve going to juvie.

Nowadays, I just make crap up when it comes to the "health" part, because nobody ever reads them anyway.

-"Allergies: Bees, amoxicillin, watermelon, corn syrup, latex, plastic, soup, cloth, and the abstract concept of thought."
-"Physician: D. Howser."
-"Health Insurance Company: Geico"

No comments:

Post a Comment