Monday, May 30, 2011

Turns Out We're ALL Sociopaths

I wonder how many terrorists* these days genuinely believe what they say, are just in it for political or monetary reasons, or are completely insane. Because it seems to me like most of them are probably just completely out of their minds, and just doing what the voices in their heads tell them to. See, because we spend a lot of time talking about how terrorists are "crazy", but we don't ever really think about what that means. I mean, these people clearly have mental illnesses. Lots of people have mental illnesses, and there's just happens to be the type that tells them to blow other people up. How do we deal with that, really?

This kind of applies to serial killers too. Most, if not all mass murderers are either schizophrenic, extreme sociopaths, or both. And yet there doesn't seem to be much of a distinction between the people we put in jail and the people we put in mental hospitals. I mean sure, it's not like it's going to make that much of a difference, but the fact that we have mental hospitals, but we only really seem to use them for the non-violent crazy people seems like sort of an issue to me. If it wouldn't sound incredibly stupid, I'd say it's almost like we're being prejudiced against murderers. But I'm not going to say that.

And how many people are there that are running around with mental disorders, but it doesn't affect their ability to pretend that they DON'T have some kind of condition. I've heard sociopaths are very good at lying like that. There's some good paranoia for ya. ANYONE could be a serial killer! Even YOU!

*I've been writing about terrorism a lot lately. Clearly this means I am slowly turning into a terrorist.

No comments:

Post a Comment