Monday, May 2, 2011

They Could All Go Away, I Wouldn't Notice

While I still haven't entirely decided how I feel about the whole thing, I'm really glad that Osama getting shot has made people shut up about the royal wedding. Normally, we'd be going on about that crap for at least a week, but now people are talking about something that actually matters, which is incredibly refreshing.* See, because the royal wedding is a completely stupid waste of airtime. At least now we're getting news dedicated to something that has to do with real politics, instead of the pretend politics that the British royal family participates in.

It really fascinates me that people care so much about the stupid wedding. You guys are all aware that they're just people, right? I don't care how much "royal blood" they have, they're still just people. They're not descended from gods, nor do they have some sort of divine right to lead the free world. I realize that I've bitched about this before, but I want to make this perfectly clear. The royal family is the British equivalent of Paris Hilton. They have displayed no reason to be famous and rich, they just are.

Oh yeah, we're totally screwed for shooting that guy. I'm not really concerned with what exactly is going to happen, but it's exciting to know that things are at least going to get interesting again, if only for awhile.

*Yes I am very aware that by talking about it now, I am adding to the problem. Shut up.

No comments:

Post a Comment