Thursday, June 23, 2011

Also It Is a Stupid Name

So I'm like...three or four years late on this one, but I would just like to point out right now that Blu-Ray is stupid. Blu-Ray is basically DVD, except it costs about fifty times more to even get a machine that will play them and it's a pain in the ass to even find movies on it. And you know what? It doesn't look that good. It looks exactly the goddamn same as DVDs, an if you care that much about image quality on your movies, then you're a tool.*

Now, I thought for awhile that I was being incredibly ignorant about this. "Oh sure, I'm sure everyone was complaining about the same sort of things when the transfer to DVDs was just starting." But you know what? DVDs have a number of things that actually make them better than VHS. Special features, more storage space, all that good stuff. But what does Blu-Ray have over DVD besides "It looks a little better almost kinda maybe"? Not a whole lot.

So maybe I am being a bit naive, I'm not really sure, but I think it's sort of a moot point anyway. Physical copies of movies are becoming obsolete now that we have all that fancy digital download stuff. So now we get to bitch about DRM and hard-drive malfunctions wipin out your whole collection instead. Yay future!

*Everyone love blanket statements.

No comments:

Post a Comment