Friday, June 17, 2011

Lava Lamps and Drugs and Lava Lamps

There are two things from the seventies that I want to see make a comeback: Awesome concept albums and lava lamps. Now, lava lamps are really more of a sixties thing, but I think the eighties was when everyone just collectively decided that lava lamps were stupid and tacky and burned all of them to the ground.* But you know what? Screw that. Lava lamps are awesome. Have you ever SEEN a lava lamp? Just stare at one for like, an hour, and I'm sure you'll have some great epiphany about your life at some point. Those things are freaking amazing. And I wasn't even on acid. Really, no wonder the sixties and seventies loved those things. I bet they're mind-blowing when you're fried.

And you know what? Bring back concept albums. Those were awesome. Friggin' Pink Floyd and all that, I mean. I realize that the modern music industry is mostly devoid of people with that much talent, but I think it's at least worth a shot. Actually no, people have taken a shot at it, it was just crappy people. Yes, "The Black Parade" is technically a concept album, but that doesn't mean it's any good. Someone start a good band and right a damn concept album.**

But you guys can keep everything else. We already got a crap economy, you can hang on to yours.

*Burned the glass, yes. Burned the glass of something that runs on heat, yes. It was the eighties, there was crack EVERYWHERE.
**This is clearly exactly as easy as it sounds.

No comments:

Post a Comment