Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Cheaper Than Acid

It's a weird experience to feel guilty about something you did in a dream. Do you ever do that? Like, you dream that you drank a whole bottle of scotch and threw up all over your friend's couch? And when you wake up, you know that it wasn't real, but you still feel bad for doing it. Sometimes I feel like I should apologize to my friend for it. That's what sort of scares me about dreams. Sure, you always know that they didn't really happen once they're over, but some of them are just so damn VIVID. I think the worst is when you dream about something that you really want, and then you fight to stay asleep, because you don't want it to go away. That happened to me last night, and I woke up depressed, because I realized that things were the same as they were the day before. That always sucks.

Or how about when you dream about your friend doing something really not-cool, and then you feel kinda pissed at them the next day? Then again, if you're having dreams about your friend doing crappy things, that might say something about your opinion of them. I'm not sure, because I'm still working on trying to decide how much of the "dream symbolism" idea I believe.

Also, lucid dreaming doesn't make sense. You know you're in a dream, and simultaneously know that that is perfectly reasonable and that the dream world is making sense, even if you're flying on a winged sheep through the Canadian mountains. Dreams are too confusing. I should just stop sleeping.

No comments:

Post a Comment