Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Be Proactive, Do Nothing

I think the point where we really started sucking in this world was the point when we had to create "national parks". Once you think about, it's pretty damn sad. Basically what we're doing is roping off increasingly small areas of land and saying "Okay, right here? You aren't allowed to screw this place up. Okay? Can we do that?" As soon as we decided that this was going to be a necessity, I think that's when we should have just given up. If it comes to that, I don't think we're going to fix things.

See, there's a lot of people who think that everything's going to get better somehow.* Is that incredibly cynical? Of course it is, but it's better than blind hope, at the very least. Basically, we kind of screwed this up a long time ago, didn't we? Yes, yes we did.** And yet you look around and you see all these people with all these different causes, and I'm not sure how well that's going to work out for us. Perhaps we should focus on the short term or something, because we're all going to die anyway, right? Not individually I mean, I mean once the sun explodes, or whatever the hell else is going to happen.***

I have no idea when global warming is going to finally catch up with us, or if it even will before we all die from some kind of horrible brain worm disease, but if it does, we're all going to feel pretty damn stupid, aren't we? Spending all our time and money on hybrids and windmills and all that. We're going to wish we'd done less of that and, I dunno, had more sex or something. But hey, if the disease that kills us all is an STD, we'll feel stupid THAT way too. So which one sounds like more fun? Hint: It's the one that doesn't involve New York getting flooded.

*George Carlin's dead now. SOMEONE'S gotta take up the reins. That someone will probably not be me.
**I'm the only one talking. I don't know why I keep asking you all these questions.
***My bet is on Zombie Robot Hitler.

No comments:

Post a Comment