Monday, January 10, 2011

They Were All Pretty Stupid

I had a weird thought today.* I suddenly came to the realization that none of the kids in my class ate glue. I mean, that's sort of a generic thing, isn't it? Like, a really stupid thing that small children do, because they're small children and therefore cannot differentiate between "edible" and "sticky", right? But yeah, none of the kids in my class actually ate paste. Oh sure, half of us were borderline retarded, but we never ate glue. Mostly we just screamed a lot and failed at art projects. Our teacher hated us.

But now I'm beginning to wonder if ANYBODY did this. I mean, I'll probably be pretty hard-pressed to find somebody who will admit to it, but this idea had to come from somewhere, right? All of those stupid cliches are based on anecdotes, aren't they?** Could I at least find somebody who KNEW the kid who ate paste? Actually, the kid who ate paste probably didn't have a lot of friends. Then again, that was probably because he ate paste, so people probably would have known about

Come to think of it, I don't think eating paste would go very well. I mean obviously it's an atrocious idea, but how exactly would that turn out? Would your mouth get sealed shut and end up with you suffocating, or would it lose stickiness due to the moisture. I'd look it up, but no, that's gross. Get out of here with your gross ideas.t at least.***

*I realize that this is basically the same as saying "London got some rain today", but work with me here. Or don't, whatever's cool.
**Urban legends still count as anecdotes.
***This is a train of logic I like to call the "Stupidity Cycle".

1 comment:

  1. I never knew anyone who ate paste or glue. I always wondered where that came from too.

    ReplyDelete