Wednesday, January 12, 2011

I Bet You Fifty Bucks

So why exactly is gambling illegal? I don't really understand how it affects, well, anything actually. I mean, what's the point? It's our stupid money we're throwing away. What does the government gain from not letting us do it? Not very much, as far as I can tell. It's not like drinking. You can't really hurt other people when you've been gambling a lot. Well, except for if you gamble away the money that was supposed to pay for your son's operation or something. But in that case you probably have some other issues to deal with. Like the giant nail that's been driven into your brain.

But what the hell about the lottery? Isn't the lottery gambling? I'm pretty sure it is, isn't it? I mean sure, lottery tickets only cost a dollar, but you're still paying money for the chance to get more money. And that's basically what gambling is, right? So why is the lottery legal? And you know, what? What the hell about the tracks? If you're betting on horses, isn't that fricking gambling? I'm pretty damn sure it is. Consistency, please? Like, just this once?

So basically, all they really want to do is ban slot machines. Because I mean, it's not illegal to play poker with your friends and PLAY FOR MONEY, so that's already out. So basically, the government just really, really hates slot machines. And I mean that makes sense, because it's easy to rig them, but then why say that they're banning gambling altogether? Just ban frigging slot machines! Sounds perfectly reasonable to me. Well, it doesn't, but then again, nothing does.

1 comment:

  1. Because the government is protecting you from yourself again. Didn't you know you need the government to tell you what you can and can't do constantly? How would you live otherwise? YOU don't know what's good for you, but the government DOES!

    ReplyDelete