Friday, March 18, 2011

Food For Thought

I find it sort of weird that we're repulsed by feces. I'm not saying that I'm NOT, because I absolutely am.* I just find it strange that everyone is, barring those weirdos that become scatologists.** I mean, it's from our own bodies, right? It's inside of us, but it grosses us out completely. I don't know why, but I find that very, very weird. Like, this is basically just our food, right? Just processed by our own bodies. But we won't even touch it or go near it. And if you do, you're probably considered an insane freak. As you rightfully should be, you goddamn weirdo.

It's gotta have something to do with the smell, right? I mean yeah, it smells like...duh. But anyway, I wonder if people with no sense of smell are disgusted by it. They probably think the same thing, just because society's made them think that way. I knew a kid with no sense of smell once. I should've asked him about it. I'm sure he wouldn't have been freaked out by that at all. Seems like a perfectly legitimate question to me.

There are times in my life where I realize that it's 10:30 on a Friday night and I'm writing about feces. I am perfectly okay with that notion, but I'm sure it's disappointing to my parents somehow.

*In fact, I'm not entirely sure why I'm writing about it. Maybe I'm crazy. Maybe I hate myself. Maybe I have the brainworms.
**This is a real word. I did not make this up. There are actually people who decide that they want to study animal crap for a living. I imagine there's got to be some point in every scatologist's life when they realize that they're not exactly doing what they thought they'd be doing when they majored in Biology.

No comments:

Post a Comment