Thursday, March 10, 2011

Pretty Colors

I really do enjoy the complete and utter insanity that comes with being sick and/or on insane amounts of meds. I'm not sure if this happens to everybody, but for me, I start hallucinating and going completely out of my mind if I even get so much as a cold. For example, today in class I became thoroughly convinced that the kid in front of me was plotting my murder. I also managed to write an essay that later turned out to be complete gibberish.* It's kind of a fascinating experience.

Now, what's REALLY fun is if you become self-aware during these sessions. There are times when I know for a fact that the things running through my mind are completely nonsensical, but I can't stop doing it. It's like having your brain split in half, with one half desperately trying to get the other to stop being a tosspot while the other is chugging Ritalin and attempting to run on the ceiling.

I can vaguely recall a specific instance where I was lying in bed, and I was also somehow believing that I was at school, taking a test. At the same time. And this seemed perfectly rational to me at the time. Basically what I'm saying is that I'm really hoping to read this again in a few days and find out that I actually wrote a five page essay about a teapot sodomizing a dinosaur.

*You know, kind of like everything else I write.

No comments:

Post a Comment