Wednesday, March 23, 2011

I Have No Idea How Much Cars Cost

I've never really understood those people who win the lottery or a game show or something, and they make like 50,000 dollars, and they blow all of it on a car. Just one car. Now, as a kid, this confused me because I didn't understand why you would want to buy a nice car. I always thought it would be way cooler to buy something awesome, like a pool or a trampoline, not a stupid car. But now I see that it's way more ridiculous than that.

See, by the time you become old enough to even PLAY the lottery, you should probably be pretty smart with your finances. And you know, maybe you should be buying, say, food with all that money. That might be sort of helpful. Okay, so maybe you need a car, that's fine, but why not buy a cheaper one instead of a Ferrari or something, THEN use the rest of it to support yourself? Or, you know, your family.

In fact, I bet this situation has resulted in a lot of stereotypically pissed-off wives.

"You spent all the money on WHAT!?"
"A Jaguar."
"We live in a ditch on the outskirts of a slum!"
"But it's got like, thirty cupholders!"
"Our children are starving!"
"CUP. HOLDERS."

No comments:

Post a Comment