Thursday, March 24, 2011

Never Gonna Grow Up

There seems to be sort of an interesting divide between children. Well I mean obviously, there's a lot of little sub-groups within the social structures, which children have, apparently, but this one's a bit more specific.* Basically, there are the kids that can't wait until they've grown up and can be adults and be independent and all that bollocks, and there are the kids who are dreading the day they have to actually start taking responsibility for themselves. I was in the latter group, which made perfect sense to me. Most of the adults I knew didn't really seem nearly as happy as most of the kids I knew. The adults had to like, you know, actually accomplish things, which is something I never really liked too much. Not that I do now, but at least people ASK me to accomplish things these days. I just never do.

Of course, if you stick with that "never want to grow up" mindset, you get people like Micheal Jackson and Peter Pan, who I'm pretty sure were both pedophiles. Actually, that's probably where pedophilia comes from. A sort of insufferable desire to be a kid again, coupled with the sexual urges of an adult, resulting in pretty much the creepiest fetish in the world. Sure, there are WEIRDER fetishes, but pedophilia is scary just because it's so easy to pull off. Scary stuff. What was I talking about again? Right, growing up.

Peter Pan always sort of freaked me out. Mostly because of how incredibly fabulous his outfit was, but also because he was still mentally twelve-years-old, despite the fact that he was like, one hundred, right? That sort of scared me. He's basically creeping on Wendy. So yes, I think he was definitely a pedophile. Kidnapping children from their bedrooms and promising them all sorts of wonderful things. Creepy.

*You know what? This is an awful sentence. I hate it. Pretend it isn't there.

No comments:

Post a Comment