Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Absorbitantly Cheezmazing

I like when advertisers use words to describe food that no normal person would ever actually use in a conversation. If somebody asked you how the chocolate was, and you told them that it was "decadent", I'm pretty sure that would be grounds for getting your teeth punched in. Actually, calling it that sort of ties in with the theme that chocolate manufacturers have been pushing in their ads lately, where they try to convince us that THEIR chocolate is super fancy and forbidden. And, surprise surprise, it all tastes the same. But anyway...

There is, of course, also the cereal commercial route, where you get to just make up words and nobody seems to care that much. What exactly does "crunchtastic" mean guys? Is it the same thing as "crunchy"? Because if it is, you could have just said that. We would've gotten what you meant. Because crunchtastic isn't a real word. Did you know that? Perhaps you were confused. It's okay guys, I make words up all the time, but somehow I don't think this one is going to catch on.

Or, you could just start taking regular words and misspelling them. Tell me boys, how does "creme" differ from "cream"? Is it perhaps that "creme" isn't actually real dairy? And what of "cheez"? I don't think you're spelling that word correctly. And I'm reasonably certain that it's not going to sell more disgusting cracker dip. Pretty sure it just sounds like a disease.

1 comment:

  1. Doctor: [back is to the patient and speaks to him] Jack Samuel Willington the Fourth, I have some very bad news for you.

    JSW4: [sitting on the other side of the room] Tell it to me straight, doc.

    Doctor: [turns around, doctor is revealed to be Samuel L. Jackson] You have [explosion] CHEEZ.

    ReplyDelete