Friday, April 1, 2011

Nothing You Do Is Clever

I debated with myself for awhile whether or not I should do some sort of April Fool's joke on here. You know, like saying that this is now a site for my poetry about my own personal struggles and hardships, or that I'm just going to post nothing but pictures of kittens from now on. Then I decided that there was a pretty good reason why I shouldn't, and it's because it's just too damn obvious. At this point, pretty much every website on the entire friggin' internet does some sort of joke article on April Fool's, and by now, nobody really falls for them any more. We get a laugh out of it, but we don't ever actually believe them, so there really isn't much of a point. Sure, the stupid people fall for it, but I just pretend stupid people don't exist sometimes, and those are good times.

I think if you're going to make a joke like that, you should go all the way with it. Stick with it for a couple of days. Change the whole color scheme of your site to pink and start writing flowery love poems. The amount of complaints would make it totally worth it. Of course, if you end up getting way more readers that way, then you probably made a misstep somewhere with your life. Also, you'd probably grow to hate yourself, like that guy from the Sex Pistols.

Or, alternatively, say something plausible, but untrue. Talk about some minor, unimportant change in the site that most people probably won't care about. And then just don't do it. I guarantee that'll bug people. If you get asked about it, just insist that you never said that.

Oh hey, by the way, I'm changing the tag line at the top of the page tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. Ultimate april fools: Me and Victor pretending to date. ACTUALLY the funniest shit.

    ReplyDelete