Monday, April 18, 2011

ScumBuckets

Right, so I know this is something that pretty much everyone in the universe complains about these days, but it's been bugging the crap out of me lately, and I'm going to write about what I damn well want to write about.

Guys, I'm just going to be straightforward with this. The Starbucks thing is getting out of hand, okay? Look, you guys are great. You have very good, confusingly-named drinks,* and if Fast Food Nation is to be believed, your corporate policies are not nearly as terrifying as McDonald's. But seriously, there are way too goddamn many of your stores. I have seen places where there are two Starbucks at the same intersection. I have taken walks down to the store and passed at least three of them within a three mile radius. This needs to stop. I know you can't just start demolishing the ones you have, but for the love of God, stop building more of the bastards. It's like a plague. A delicious, delicious plague.

How much more money can this possibly be making you? I'm pretty sure people are willing to cross the street to get there, it's not like the damn things are trash cans, and there needs to be one on every corner so that you can always conveniently reach one. And isn't it sort of bad business to have your stores competing with each other for survival? You're creating several different rivalries with yourself. But hey, I don't run a multi-million dollar corporation, so maybe this is a perfectly good plan, logically. Doesn't stop it from being incredibly stupid in practice.

*I'd rip on the whole "tall, grande, venti" thing, but I'm sure everyone else is already well-versed in the absurdities of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment