Monday, October 24, 2011

Bang, Bangs

I wonder how many guys out there spend a really long time with long hair, and decide that it's time to look more respectable, so they buzz all of it off, and it's been so long that they forgot that they have one of those weird, bumpy heads? I bet that happens all the time. You know, because the top of my head feels like downtown San Francisco, so I could never get a buzz cut. But when you have a LOT of hair, you can't FEEL the top of your head, so you wouldn't know. Then you'd look like even more of a fool, first because you got a buzz cut* and second because you got a funny-lookin' head. It'll be even worse if you got some of those big blue veins on your head. Basically, if you're a pale guy, for the love of crap, don't get a buzz cut. It's too risky.

Who was it that decided that women should be the ones with long hair, and men should be the ones with short hair. Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining, because it's awesome that way, but it seems pretty arbitrary to me. It's also interesting how if a woman cuts her hair short,** she's a lesbian, but if a man grows his hair out, he's a hippie. Apparently, swimming on the opposite end of the hair spectrum only goes in one direction. Well, usually. Occasionally, guys with long hair get called "fags", but that's mostly in the South, and they call everyone fags there. Even the women.

My problem is that I'm a 0 on the Kinsey Scale, so I have no idea whether men look good or not. Unfortunately, this also applies to myself, so I really have no idea what I'm doing. Which is why I look like crap all the time.

*About 2% of the white male population can rock a buzzcut, and most of them are Irish. Everyone else looks like they got their heads caught in a piece of farm equipment.
**I'm also firmly of the belief that there are very few women who look good with short hair. But I suppose my opinion is completely pointless in that matter.

No comments:

Post a Comment