Thursday, November 3, 2011

AKA White People Problems

So I'm pretty sure confiscation is a bunch of crap.* Maybe it's just my massive emotional issues in regards to the concept of authority, but I am reasonably certain that teachers should not be allowed to take your stuff. Sure, they give it back, eventually. Sometimes if you wait a week. But guess what? That doesn't really make a difference. To use a completely absurd and not even reasonably apt comparison, if you embezzled a million dollars from the bank, and then said you shouldn't go to jail because you were going to give it back...well, you might be able to plead insanity,** but the point is, you'd still get arrested.

Because yeah, taking some kids phone because they were using it during class and then keeping it for five days? Yeah dude, that's stealing. I don't care what the principal says, that's stealing. Not that it matters, since being a student basically means you don't get to have rights. That's fascinating to me. And yet they still expect high school students to act like adults. Awesome.

And that's why no college professor is going to confiscate your iPod because you were using it during class. Because they have more important things to do. You know, like actually teaching the kids who want to be there. That'd be fun.

*This was in no way inspired by real-life events. No sir. I still have my iPod, that's for certain.
**This should probably be it's own sort of thing, but I'm just amazed by the fact that this is something you can occasionally get away with. "Nah dawg, I'm crazy. I don't even know what laws are. I'm going home now."

No comments:

Post a Comment