Wednesday, November 2, 2011

They're Like Cats Only Totally Different

I'm not sure if I'm entirely on board with the people that think dogs are really just incredibly intelligent and beyond us. Sure, dogs are certainly smart, but I don't think it's in the way that a lot of people think. No dogs are smart because they have everything figured out, as far as I'm concerned. They might not fully understand everything that happens to them, but they have life figured out. How do I know that? Because I've never seen a dog worried about paper work, and I've never seen a dog punch a wall because a computer broke. That may have more to do with the fact that they don't have hands, but that's beside the point. Dogs don't have jobs. A dog with good owners gets to sleep and chew on stuff all day. And they don't work. Okay, some of them do, but they don't even know they're doing jobs. They think they're just chasing sheep, or in the case of seeing eye dogs, GOING ON WALKS ALL THE TIME. Dogs have it figured out man.

That's why I think all those dog show people are awful and stuff. I mean besides all the crap they actually put the dogs through (forced in-breeding and all those other things that would get you executed if you were doing it to people), it seems fundamentally wrong to me to clean up a dog and make it all proper. Because dogs are, inherently, free-spirited and completely insane, and that's beautiful in it's own ridiculous way. And when you put bows on them and have judges inspect their ear wax, you're destroying that. That sucks man.

I'm still waiting for a day when the huge worldwide dog show that I'm too tired to remember the name of is completely ruined because all the dogs got all riled up and start running around and breaking stuff. Although unfortunately, I probably won't be watching at the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment