Monday, November 14, 2011

Speak Ill, If I Deserve It

I hope people don't pretend things about me after I die. Y'know, especially if I get in some kind of accident or something and end up dying young. They always say you're not supposed to speak ill of the dead, but I don't think you should lie either. Mainly, I just really don't want the people who thought I was a no-good son of a bitch while I was alive to act like they liked me, and that it was a great loss. I couldn't really explain why, but that would bother me a lot more than someone just coming out and saying I was a jerk and they didn't like me. I mean, I'd prefer if they say nothing at all, but if someone asks...well, they're entitled to their opinion, and they shouldn't have to pretend that we were friends just because I'm not around anymore.

See, who you were in life doesn't change once you die. I think acting like someone was a saint just because they're dead now is flat-out dishonest. I hate to bring this up again, but in the few years before Micheal Jackson died, everyone was making fun of him, mostly because of the fact that he probably molested a small child. Then he died, and everyone just pretended that that never happened. Now all of a sudden, he didn't do it, even if you all said that he probably did just a few months before. That's misconstruing the truth to protect the feelings of someone who no longer has feelings.

There's another thing. If I die, I don't want people who didn't know me acting like my death was a great loss to them. Let the people who actually cared about me mourn the loss privately. That should be the business of my personal friends and family.

Oh, and if you bastards go open-casket on me, I will haunt you for the rest of your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment