Wednesday, November 23, 2011

War Movies

I bet the Germans find our obsession with World War II really creepy. You know, because as far as I've been able to tell, if you even mention the Nazis over there, they come over to your house and beat the crap out of you. And can you really blame them? They're trying to move past all this stuff, and here we are making fifteen new movies and video games about it every twenty minutes. That's gotta be pretty annoying. Sure, the Nazis were evil, but I bet it make modern Germans pretty uncomfortable when we make video games where you're encouraged to mercilessly pummel the crap out of their ancestors. There's paying tribute to those who lost their lives in history, and then there's just obsessing over something. I think this has officially begun to qualify as the latter. It's been more than seventy years guys. Let's write something about some other wars.

Like hey, how come we never see anything about World War I? World War I was freaking insane man? Sure the sequel totally upped the stakes, but let's give some love to the poor guys who had to live in trenches. Or the friggin' original fighter pilots. How come Steven Spielberg never made a movie about that? Hell, we have more movies about Vietnam, and we were practically the bad guys in that one! Although I guess that does make for good anti-war stuff, but you know what? So does trench foot.*

Or hey, what about the Korean War? Is there ANYTHING out there about the Korean War? I haven't seen it if there is. Do you even know anythig about the Korean War? I don't. Someone make a movie about it.

*I'm not going to describe this. Just...just look it up.

No comments:

Post a Comment