Friday, November 11, 2011

Or You Could Just Walk

I find it pretty funny that the bus companies keep trying to convince us that taking the bus is the environmentally-friendly option. Not because it isn't, because it's certainly better for the air than driving your own damn car everywhere, but because it's kind of a stupid point to argue. Yeah sure, you can make a whole bunch of advertisements telling everyone to start taking the bus because it's better for the environment, but there's a problem with that. For pretty much everybody who takes the bus, you don't do it because you care about the environment, you do it because YOU DON'T HAVE A CAR. You don't decide to ride the bus, you ride the bus because you have to.

And I don't think there's going to be a lot of people out there who already have cars who decide to get rid of their car and start riding the bus instead. In fact, I think targeting that demographic is kind of a waste of time in general. I don't think a lot of converts are going to be made in that department. If you already spent money on the car, you probably won't be riding the bus a whole lot, especially since the bus is woefully inefficient in comparison.

Actually, let's be honest here. I don't think the bus needs to advertise at all. I dunno, maybe they have way more money in their budget than they're supposed to, like there was a banking error or something, so now they have a whole bunch of advertisements for the bus. I think they should just put signs up all around the city that say "WE STILL EXIST AND PROBABLY WILL FOR QUITE A LONG TIME INTO THE FORESEEABLE FUTURE". And I'd be all "Hell yes you do." I'd totally ride the bus of a company that did that.

No comments:

Post a Comment