Friday, July 1, 2011

But It's Kinda Cool Sometimes I Guess

I always wonder about the people who show off while riding their motorcycles. Y'know, doing wheelies and all that absurdly dangerous nonsense. Granted, riding a motorcycle at all is already kind of showy, but it's still pretty confusing. Now, I'm not putting down showing off in front of strangers. That I don't really have a problem with. Sure, it's kind of douchey, but if you're really good at something pointless, you might as well make SOME use of it. But the thing about showing off in front of strangers is that you're supposed to do it for the heat of the grant. You do it for the cheering and the women calling out for your seed.* But when you're on your motorcycle, you can't hear anyone, and nobody can tell who you are.

So I guess motorcyclists ride around and ASSUME that everyone thinks they're awesome. I'm pretty sure you could do that with anything and get the same results. "Oh man, those guys over there are probably all talking about how awesome I am photocopying." So the motorcycle guy just gets an ego boost from things that other people may or may not be saying about them. Okay.

And you know, I'm usually not impressed by that sort of thing. Usually I just see them doing dangerous things and think "Wow, that looked really unsafe. Maybe that guy's suicidal. He should seek counseling."

Also, I'm pretty sure everyone who drives a car hates people who ride motorcycles. Lane-splitting and all that. That can't be good for your self-esteem.

*Or that's just what I assume, anyway. I have no discernable talent, so I can't really speak from experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment