Thursday, July 7, 2011

Helpful Disorder

I wonder if there are people who hear voices in their heads, but the voices are really friendly. You know, they give really helpful advice. Instead of telling you to kill your entire family, they remind you to call your mom at least once a week, or advise you not to drive your motorcycle off that cliff. I mean, most people who are schizophrenic are emotionally unstable because of it, so their voices are hostile. So that makes me wonder if there's any perfectly well-adjusted people who just happen to have voices in their heads.

Or how about someone who has multiple personality disorder, but the other personality isn't violent or crazy, just equally cool, but in a different way. Like, one of the personalities is really good with relationship counseling, and the other one's really funny and charming. Hey, it could happen. Of course, this would only be tolerable if the personality switches were predictable, like you switched off every day. Then you could plan things accordingly. And have separate Facebook profiles for them.

Of course, my real point is that this is all probably really offensive to people with those disorders, but unfortunately, I don't know any of those people, so I can't ask. But luckily, no one reads this anyway, so I'm probably going to be okay.

No comments:

Post a Comment