Thursday, August 4, 2011

Also, His Name Is Cooler

Speaking of Neil Armstrong and the moon landings, I always felt bad for Buzz Aldrin.* The guy does just as much work, goes to the goddamn moon, and nobody remembers him. Everyone always remembers Neil, because he got to go first. I wonder if they drew straws over that. I bet there were at least some arguments over it. Or maybe Buzz was one of those really nice guys, and he just let Neil go first. Or maybe Neil was a complete tool and decides that he should go first and that Buzz could shut his face. I don't know, a lot can happen when you have a bunch of guys floating through space in a tin can.

But maybe just going to the moon at all makes up for the fact that no one remembers he did it. I mean, that's pretty much number one on my list of "Things Science Better Make Possible Before I Get Assassinated". Sure, nobody would believe him, but he WAlKED ON THE MOON. Nowadays, he could've just brought a literal digital camera with him and shot some home movies up there. That's what I'm going to do.**

*It was one of the great moments in my life when I said this in a conversation and the other person said "Who?", so I got to say "Exactly." My life is boring, remember?
**You don't get to crush my dreams.

No comments:

Post a Comment