Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Jumping Into Boxes

I'm glad that we've reached the point where not only are we all aware of the fact that cats are essentially the patron saints of the Internet, but we've also already grown tired of people pointing out that the Internet is obsessed with cats. We've got videos of cats doing stupid things AND videos of people parodying the concept of cats doing stupid things, and everyone is apparently either so self-aware about it that they don't care, or the Internet as a whole completely lacks introspection. Honestly, I'd believe both.

So there's no point in me writing a blog post saying "Hey guys, why is the Internet so obsessed with cats?", because that question's been asked before. And every article ABOUT that subject never really gives a concrete answer for it. But I am ready to do that today. I will explain everything. I will help you to understand this obsession, and what it means about our society. I hope you're prepared for a revelation.

IT IS BECAUSE CATS ARE FUNNY. THEY DO GOOFY THINGS THAT AMUSE US.

I'm not sure why that's been so hard to figure out. Every wise-ass in the world has to make jokes about it, even I don't understand what the big deal is. We like cats because they're cute and funny. Case closed, problem solved, go home.

No comments:

Post a Comment